What Can Children Learn from Superheroes?
Superheroes can serve as positive “role models.” They teach real life lessons, including
- Being different can be powerful.
- Adversity can be overcome.
- Morals are important – There is a difference between right and wrong (good, bad, and evil). Individuals have the option to choose altruism over wealth, or power over others.
- Empathy – Caring for others can add meaning to one’s life.
- The Costume Counts. It is important to present yourself in a way that…
- suits the role you wish to play.
- reflects the social context (or environment) around you.
- is comfortable (enough) to reach the goals you wish to achieve.